Podcast Letter from Brussels 12 – The Puppets and the Scandal
A new Letter from Brussels is now available featuring:
- – The Theatre of the indigenous Sami people in the Arctic city of Kiruna, and what it stands for in this area of vital economic interests for the EU;
- – The innovative School of Politics for Young People of the Finnish Arctic city of Oulu;
- – Why reconstruction of Ukrainian cities cannot wait till the war is over;
- – The 15th anniversary of the opening of a key street in the divided Cypriot city of Nicosia.
- – The plans to revamp the Cinquantenaire Park in Brussels ahead of Belgium’s 200 years of independence;
- – and the scandal in a Brussels puppet theatre that had the audience shouting for the curtain to drop.
This new episode can be listened by clicking below or on all major platforms including: Apple, Spotify, YouTube, Spreaker and iVoox.
Listen to “The Puppets and the Scandal – may2023 Letter from Brussels 12” on Spreaker.
Further information about the above topics:
- – Giron Sami Theatre
- – Vice News report on the challenge of moving part of Kiruna
- – CoR report on the Arctic Strategy by Renew Europe mayor Mirja Vehkaperä
- – Arctic Mayors Forum
- – Oulu School of Politics for Young People
- – Mayor Decoster’s visit to Ukraine and reflections
- – The CoR supported the opening of Ledra Street in Nicosia, Cyprus
- – Plans to revamp the Cinquantenaire Park of Brussels
- – The puppet theatre scandal
Letter from Brussels is written and narrated by Sean O’Curneen, Secretary General of Renew Europe CoR, a former journalist, and is partly inspired by BBC radio’s Letter from America by Alistair Cooke which ran from 1946 to 2004. The podcast is recorded in English; it appears approximately every 2-3 months.
Missed the previous episode(s)? Listen again via Spreaker, Apple, Spotify, YouTube or our website for the previous episode, episode 11.